This week marks the official beginning of autumn, and I could not be more gleeful. I took my new scarf out yesterday, the temperatures are dropping, and everything around me smells like cinnamon, pumpkin and new books. September has always filled me with feelings of opportunity.
This autumn is also very special one for me. In less than a week, I get to re-enter the United Kingdom on a new work visa – which means I’ll be coming home to my boyfriend, my cats, and my office. A crisp, cool homecoming! And while it means I’ll be returning to the daily grind, I’m not too bummed out. I miss the stability of it.
So this year, the season is wrapped up in cosy feelings of home. We plan to move into a new house in October, so we’ll be broke for a little while, after putting down a rental deposit, first month’s rent, and buying furniture. I’ve lived frugally in the past, so that’s no problem. But maybe it’s my inner child that’s wrapped up in that back-to-school feeling of buying new things for the coming year, or perhaps it’s just a strong nesting urge, but I’m craving new additions to my wardrobe and my home.
- Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup is entirely responsible for my lust over Maybelline’s Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in “On and On Bronze”. Her autumn edits are always full of gorgeous bronze-y eyes and berry lips, and I desperately want that smokey, just-rolled-out-of-bed look all over my lids. Ugh.
- I’m on board with the geometric jewelry trend, but I want it to be geek chic. This circuit board triangle necklace necklace from Etsy is right up my street, and is just dainty enough to blend in with high street pieces as well.
- Another piece of jewelry, these gold-plated book earrings are exactly the type of thing I’d love to wear at my local coffee shop while devouring Margaret Atwood’s latest, The Heart Goes Last.
- Oh my lord, this perfume. I’m hooked. The new release by Tom Ford, Noir Pour Femme, is pretty much my ideal fall/winter fragrance – with spicy ginger and sweet mandarin at first, it settles down into a delicious, resinous vanilla, jasmine and amber cloud. I’m saving up for a full bottle.
- London is terrible for my skin. Cool weather, paired with electric radiators, make me absolutely parched. I’m in the market for some hydrating soaps, and this handmade avocado soap has all the makings of a smooth, buttery shower treat. But if it smells like avocado, I’ll struggle not to eat it.
- Get at me, berry lips. Alix from ICovetThee recently showcase this Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Divine Wine” in her autumn beauty launches video – and it looks gorgeous. I may have to snag one of these before I leave for London.
- I’m clearly very predictable with my love of spicy, sweet scents for autumn. I sniffed this Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Caramel Swirl candle in the store the other day, and it took all my willpower not to buy it. It wouldn’t have fit in my luggage anyway… right?
- Our impending move into the new house has made me want to decorate. True to the name of my blog, I thought that this Ampersand Poster Print would be a highly appropriate addition to our home office.
- I have to be honest, this Library Due Date Scarf would simply be a nostalgia purchase. Who doesn’t remember these due date slips at the back of school library books? Ah, fond memories.
- Red wine and firesides, please. Essie’s Bordeaux nail polish has a great vintage vibe and would match every look in my wardrobe (which, to be fair, is quite neutral).
- I’ve never ventured into M.A.C. because it kind of intimidates me. However, I might be tempted into a store to take a close look at their Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow Trio in Collective Chic, ’cause that is exactly the kind of stuff I want on my eyelids. Earth tones all day, err’ day.
- And finally, would it really be autumn without a stack of new books? The problem is, I have a pile of novels that I need to finish, which is why H&M’s “Books I Haven’t Read” bookend is at once delightful and shaming.
So, what are you lusting after this autumn? Leave a comment below!